Thursday 15 October 2009

Back online!!


Yeah! After a few days of being w/o internet at home, I'm back online. The telelphone issues seem to have been resolved (evidently the construction work took out the landline to my apartment (again)!) Good news is that it was back working in less than a week! I got my business cards this week - check them out! They are double-sided (English and Russian (yes, you can all practice your reading of the Cyrillic alphabet!) :)
ps - somebody let me know if you can read and/or enlarge these photos to be able to read the writing. I'm not sure how these blog pictures work!


I have to admit - I never would have thought it, but I've actually come to enjoy sipping an expresso at a cafe and watching the world go by on Rudaki. I think that might have to be a future purchase when back home (the expresso machine, not a cafe!) Expresso grows on you - and definitely packs a caffeine punch when you haven't been drinking coffee regularly!
And to think that I can get an expresso for 7 Somoni (and it's 4.4 Somoni to the USD...you do the math). I'm not sure I could sit outside somewhere and get a good cup of coffee for that back home - (not to mention sit outside, relax and enjoy their wifi!)
Please note the following disclaimer: "This website is not an official U.S. Department of State website. The views and information presented are the INL Fellow's own and do not represent the International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs Program or the U.S. Department of State".

1 comment:

  1. Love it all! Espresso, the cards (enlarge nicely BTW), the image of you sipping and watching the world go by! Keep it coming, please!

    ReplyDelete